Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World 2ER
Vault Forum > Flyer Archive > Toronto Flyers
sigma
World 2ER
United Dance - August 31. 1996

Never went to this. Anyone like to share their stories?
Toxic
HUGE event... held at the warehouse, filled with lazers, pyro, video screens and a huge soundsystem

felt very much like a "uk" style show, in terms of vibe.
sigma
LoL the warehouse. Sounds cool though. I cant remember why i never went. I still have the VIP pass. Something must of come up. Any audio from the night? Video? Must of been a wicked night.

Heres the Pre-Flyer. Funny how they used the Dj Hype photo from Empire Strikes Back.
Toxic
yeaht there was audio i think...

and hype never made it... not sure why hes even on the preflyer.
wickedselecta
Cain blew up the dance floor with the dead dread remix as hiz outro blap blap

loved this party wish i caught one of the many UD vidz they where tossin out into

the crowd
SmoothOperator
Here's a sticker for this one...

sigma
cool smoothOp. I never knew there was a sticker.
SmoothOperator
Think I have a few of em....I'll include one in my next shipment to you wink.gif
sigma
hehe wicked!
thanks
sector7g
If I'm not mistaken, this party was fantastic until some dj (i can't remember who) played this United Dance happy hardcore tune that went on and on and on and on and on and then on some more. It kept singing "we're united dance" over and over and over...well you get the point. I just can't get that out of my head. Now it will drive me crazy all day. blink.gif
flexxx_n'_relaxxx
QUOTE (wickedselecta @ Feb 18 2004, 10:18 PM)

loved this party wish i caught one of the many UD vidz they where tossin out into the crowd

... yeah they were tossing boxsets out aswell, i didn't manage to
catch any either ..lol... but the party was phat .. as was the month .. there was Dose, Better Days, U.D and Utopia.

my gosh!
Eddie Machete
awesome dance
never took this flyer of my wall till i moved last year
one of my favorites
SyKicK
If there is a tape from this party someone better post it. THis was ment to be my first party but things didn't work out. Crazy line up for this one.
Brandonsweet
This was my first Toronto party (I had a few Kitchener techno events under my belt), and what a night it was.

I drove in from Kitchener with the Samogon Records guys, Android and Mifody, although I don't think they were DJ-ing or producing yet, just slanging bootleg mixtapes at the St. Jacob's farmer's market.

Things I remember from that night: MC Charlie B pacing around the stage with a beer in one and and a mic in the other. All the happy hardcore DJs playing the same five records. Indoor pyrotechnics and fire-eaters. A happycore version of the theme from Masterpiece Theatre.

During Ellis Dee's set, MC MC shouts something like "Ellis says Toronto is his favourite city to play at, isn't that right Ellis?" and Ellis looks up from the decks and sort of shrugs like, 'whatever.' Good times.

I think we ended up leaving during Terry Mullan's set in the morning. It was my first time being out 'all night' and I almost crashed the car on the 401 because I kept nodding off. I drove into my driveway while my parents were leaving for church in the morning, which I think shocked them a little bit. Plus I had to work that Sunday, and I was a complete wreck.

The Samogon guys weren't too impressed with the event, but I was spellbound.
pukka
best rave ever

alot of no shows but mc mc was all that mattered...heres some pics of the king from that night:

user posted image

user posted image

charlie b behind him^^

user posted image

user posted image

^^ best shot ever
SyKicK
damn this was ment to be the first party I ever went to ..but it didn't work out. Any word on tapes from this ?
stokes
no tapes
SyKicK
well bugger that
pukka
big up wayne....

we saw each othere here right?
pukka
errr there...

or was this before the internet????

i think i got on the wbs chat thingy like mid 96
SyKicK
Hey Steve I think I started talking to you on Mirc, Efnet maybe in #rave , your nick was Topbuzz starting talking about tapes. I think the first time I Met you was at Hulla 3 the first time VInylgroover came for Hulla.
Toxic
i just found out that at least one tape did make it out of this event.

i saw a cover ( no tape ) at a friends house.. ill have to check it out more
SyKicK
please for the love of god find out about this tape. I really wanna hear it
Brandonsweet
I'm pretty sure there was a Dominik United Dance tape, but I never had a copy.

I can't believe it's been ten years, this party still ranks in my top five of all time. Good times!
charade
MC MC and Charlie B? Dirty!
Eddie Machete
QUOTE(Brandonsweet @ Aug 31 2006, 01:41 PM) *

I'm pretty sure there was a Dominik United Dance tape, but I never had a copy.

I can't believe it's been ten years, this party still ranks in my top five of all time. Good times!

he played for them in the u.k. too before, I think there was a tape from then too.
I also went to this party
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.